Please see how the Spirit Select can help out within some specific areas of care.
Select an area of interest from the tabs listed under the page title.
Acute Care Hospital Bed Features
Click on the hot spots on the hospital bed image above
to find out more about the features that make Spirit Select the safe choice.
Falls and Injuries:
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for your Fall Risk Patients.
10" Low Height
- The lowest Acute Care bed on the market at 10"
- Ultra low height reduces patient falls and injuries
- Provides safer transfers for shorter, frail, elderly, and post-surgery patients
- Important component in a Fall Prevention Program
Bed Exit Alarm
- Numerous alarm and volumes settings
- Minimizes false alarms with unique auto-reset feature
- Auto-arm feature reduces staff errors
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Weighing Your Patients.
- Accurate to within 1% of a patient’s true weight
- Weight display can be locked in Lbs or Kgs
- Add equipment feature allows staff to add equipment to the bed without affecting weight readings
- Manual adjustments can be made to the weight reading
Weight Change Alarm
- Track your patient’s weight gain or loss
- Set a Weight Change Alarm to notify staff when your patient’s weight goes below or above set parameters
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Fall and Injury Prevention.
- A soft orange light Illuminates the area around the bed
- Helps to reduce patient falls and trips around the bed and during patient egress
- Can be set to illuminate only when a patient exits bed
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Facilitating Infection Control.
- Surfaces Scientifically treated to kill harmful bacteria
- 99.9% effective against killing MRSA and E.coli
Fully-Detachable Mattress Deck
- Provides easy and thorough sanitization of the mattress deck
- Fiber-composite material reduces moisture buildup between the mattress and the deck
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Addressing Pressure Redistribution.
- Mattress deck allows any mattress to be used on the bed
- Allows staff to address the individual pressure needs of the patient
- A Mattress Pump Hanger is available to store an air mattress pump conveniently on the footboard
- An Accessory Outlet is available on the bed to power an air therapy system
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Patient Transfers.
- Molded siderails have an assistive design which helps patients to enter and exit bed safely
- Shorter headrail design allows your patients to turn and pivot when exiting bed
Low Bed Height
- A 10" low height helps shorter, frail, elderly, and post surgery patients exit bed safely and comfortably
Bed Exit Nightlight
- An Underbed Nightlight is programmed to illuminate when the patient exits bed
- The nightlight will remain on until the patient returns to bed
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Preventing Siderail Entrapment.
Bedrail Entrapment Guidelines
- Spirit Select’s quad siderails pass all FDA Entrapment Guidelines
- Siderails pass all 7 Entrapment Zones outlined by the FDA
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice in the event of a Power Outage.
On-Board Battery Back-Up System
- Saves staff valuable time in the event of a power outage
- Battery operates all bed functions
- Battery immediately engages
- Power Status Indicator alerts staff when the battery needs charging
Patient and Bed Security:
Spirit Select is The Safe Choice for Patient and Bed Security.
- Any and all patient comfort controls can be locked to restrict patient use
- A Master Lockout feature is available to lock all staff and patient controls
- Brightly colored lights indicate when a lockout is active
Spirit Select® is The Safe Choice for preventing Adverse Events.
Multi-Zone Underbed Obstruction Sensor
- Obstruction sensors are located on all flat surfaces underneath the bed
- Instantly detects an obstruction and prevents bed from lowering until the obstruction is removed
- Provides peace of mind for staff
- Prevents damage to underbed equipment such as overbed tables
- High siderails are available and are ideal for use with an air therapy mattress.